Friday, April 18, 2008

When In Rome...

I am currently in Rome, ora, visiting my lovely friend Julie. First, my atm card didn't work. Then the hair dryer broke. Then the adapters we had didn't work. Then my atm card still didn't work after calling my bank twice. Then, when I finally got cash, the guy at the grocery store didn't have enough change for the giant bills the bank gave me. And then Julie almost ran into a dog. 

But then all was well, because I found out that I got into the 2008 Summer Institute in the Arts and Humanities research program I applied for earlier in the year. I have been named a Mary Gates Scholar and all of that ridiculous extra work I did Winter Quarter was worth it. (This moment of conceit and self-praise brought to you by The Best Americano This Side of The Seattle City Limits)

Full update, including pictures, later. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Nichole!!!!!

leilani said...

so proud of you :) congratulations!