Monday, April 7, 2008

Snow Day!

So I woke up Sunday morning to snow flurries gathering outside of my window. I don't know if London got the message, but it's April. Maybe it was an honest mistake. I'll give the city the benefit of the doubt. It's not really my place to tell an entire region that it mixed up its seasons.

So Lucy, Ed, Caroline and I (and everyone else living in North London, I noticed) ventured out to Hampstead Heath. Caroline and I, of course, didn't pack for snow, so we borrowed some of Ed's old coats. And we bundled up real good.


And then Ed decided to go for a swim. Yes, I am very serious about this. Here is photographic evidence:


Yes, this was voluntary. He was not pushed in as a practical joke. The man chose to swim in almost freezing temperatures. I don't think this is a universal trait in all English people. I will have to investigate this phenomenon further.

So we frollicked, like you do:


I'm the little head in the giant coat. I couldn't even reach down to the bottom two buttons.

We also saw some lovely views. I think this looks positively Dickensian: