Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mix Master

I have decided that, regretfully, I must leave my little Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot (my iPod) behind when I go to London. We've had some great times together, but I think it's time for a break. Maybe there will be something for us in the future? Can we still be friends?

To gear up for my trip (get in the mood?), I have created a playlist of all of the UK bands I have in my iTunes. It consists of:

~Adam and the Ants
~Amy Winehouse
~Arctic Monkeys
~Bat for Lashes
~The Beatles
~Belle & Sebastian
~Bloc Party
~David Bowie
~The Fratellis
~Joy Division
~Kate Nash
~Lily Allen
~New Order

Anything else I should add?

7 comments:

Poinski said...

Uh, The Smiths? Duh.

juliana said...

ummmmmmmRadiohead?

Kate Bush

Jamie Lidell

check out these British record labels to discover great bands! (not all from UK, but represented there)

http://www.roughtraderecords.com/
http://www.workersinstitute.com/home.html

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, there are some people I can suggest, Portishead is a good one, Roots Manuva, Dizzee Rascal if you can get into Grime music, Lightspeed Champion too. Give them a peep.

Kristiana Dagmar said...

Good Shoes, Radiohead (I am seconding Juliana) and/or Thom Yorke's solo record, Camera Obscura (they are Scottish...) M. Craft, Stereolab, Van Morrison (he's actually northern Irish...little known fact), oh and Elton Fucking John

haha. that's actually a lot go good times waiting to happen.

Kristiana Dagmar said...

i'm really good at typos. you get the idea.

and you are cute.

Practical Whimsy said...

Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Damien Rice, and, of course, seconding Elton fucking John.

Unknown said...

The Cure!
Oasis!
Agree with Radiohead, Elton John, the Smiths.